The successful candidate will work with identified pupils with a range of identified special educational needs, in a mainstream classroom. Relevant experience of working with young people with special educational needs is essential and you will be able to demonstrate expertise and skills in this area in previous employment history.
The successful candidate will :
- Work as part of a team, under the direction of the Inclusion lead/SENCO/class teacher, to assist in the development of creative and innovative plans, tailored to meet the needs of identified pupils.
- Provide effective support for teachers and pupils identified with SEND.
- Develop positive relationships with pupils identified as needing support
- Liase with school staff and other agencies to identify pupils at risk of disaffection
- Maintain regular contact with families/carers of children in need of extra support, to keep them informed of the child's needs and progress and to secure positive family support and involvement.
- Have had experience of activities and attended courses that could be drawn upon to provide extra support for pupils.
- Be flexible and be able to respond to situatuations as they occur.
- Work in partnership with school staff and external agencies as appropriate
- Participate in the comprehensive assesment of pupils to identify those in need of extra help to overcome barriers to learning.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of support strategies
- Participate in training in order to keep up to date and share good practice with colleagues.
- Encourage identified pupils to engage in out of school hours motivational learning opportunities.
- Liase regualarly with members of the Leadership Team and in doing so keep the needs of identified children a priority
In return the School will offer you:
- A fantastically resourced school
- A wealth of CPD opportunities both in and out of school
- An extremely supportive and friendly team
- Children who take great pride in their school
- A culture where free thinking is valued and encouraged.
If you think this is the kind of role for you then please apply!
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job