Behavioural Teaching Assistant Job Vacancy
Pearson Whiffin Education
Pearson Whiffin Education is currently recruiting an experienced Behavioural Teaching Assistant for a job vacancy within a school in the Tonbridge and Malling area. You will ideally hold a Teaching Assistant qualification, however experience of working with children with behaviour difficulties (EBD/ ADHD) in KS3 - KS4 is essential. The hours of work are 8.30am - 3.30pm, 5 days a week.
This is a temp to perm role starting immediately,
Key responsibilities of the Behavioural Teaching Assistant are:
* You will collaborate with the teachers to ensure the curriculum is delivered to the best level possible.
* You will use the resources at your disposal and your skill set to engage the pupils.
* You will ensure all forms of assessment are being utilised so pupils know how they can improve.
* You will attend monthly staff CPD sessions to share ideas of best practice and outstanding teaching.
* You will implement and follow the school behaviour management policy.
Benefits of the Behaviour Teaching Assistant are:
* Career progression with promotion opportunity including pay rise.
* Continual Professional Development (CPD) training whilst you work.
* Pension contribution.
* Work with an excellent progressing academy to help them achieve further success.
* You would be working with an experienced and successful leadership team.
If you have the necessary skills and would like to find out more about the position then please contact Andrew.
Pearson Whiffin Education works in line with the Department for Education guidelines and thoroughly checks all candidates prior to placement. Teachers are asked to provide their current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and complete a new check through Pearson Whiffin Education before commencing a role. Candidates who are signed up to the update service will be asked to provide their DBS reference number.
Pearson Whiffin Education have teamed up with a local University to offer mandatory safeguarding and child protection training as well as a coaching programme around behaviour for learning. The course will be a one day event held during the February half term at the Medway campus of Canterbury Christ Church University. This is event is free although we are asking for a nominal £10.00 payment to cover lunch and printing costs.
Please find full details below:
Date: Tuesday February 13th 2018
Time: 10:00 - 15:30 with 30mins for lunch
Location: Medway Campus CCCU
To apply to work for Pearson Whiffin Education or to secure a place on our upcoming training event click apply today.