A lovely SEN school with children 2-19 years just outside of Guildford is looking for Classroom Assistants to join them as soon as possible on a full time basis with a view to becoming permanent for the right candidates.
The school boasts small class sizes of around 8 pupils with profound disabilities, non-verbal communication global delays and high level needs, typically 60% autism.
This position is for a Teaching Assistant to facilitate learning within the classroom setting, providing dedicated support to allocated individuals. Assistants relieve the pressure on the teaching staff, ensure through the quality of their work and their ability to interact with children that the learning experiences of the learners of the school are enhanced. Their role allows them to have a unique insight into learner’s needs and development.
Hours of work: 8.15am – 3.15pm Monday to Friday term time only (36 hours/week) during term time only (plus In-Service training days).
What you will need:
- Good general education up to at least GCSE or equivalent
- School environment experience
- Have experience of learners with ASD or special school setting
- Good general ICT skills - ability to use email and other forms of electronic communication
- Good organizational, communication and listening skills
- Have the ability to work as a member of a team to help provide a happy, stimulating environment where learners enjoy their learning
- Organising and prioritising work
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment, successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job