We are currently working in partnership with an SEN schools in Newcastle who require Teaching Assistants ideally with SEN experience. The ideal candidates will be qualified Teaching Assistants who have experience within SEN or mainstream settings and are available full time in order to offer continuity to schools and students.
The school requires TA's who can work with students who sometimes display challenging behaviour (SEMH/EBD) and some who have Autism (ASC). Suitable TA's need to be firm yet fair and not only manage behaviour but also challenge poor behaviour when suitable. A calm and patient attitude will also ensure you can build up a good, professional relationship with hard to reach students also.
Key responsibilities and requirements for this teaching assistant role will include:
- Working with groups of students or on a 1:1 basis in order to support learning;
- Have the ability to work with KS3, KS4 and/or KS5 students, some of whom may be working at a lower level than other students;
- Taking direction from class teachers, SLT and senior support staff and completing task to a high level;
- Be able to use own initiative and act accordingly without having to be directed;
- Supporting the work of other teaching assistants and showing a good level of team work;
- Be willing to participate in regular training and CPD when the school requires
An enhanced DBS check will be needed for successful candidates as well as two satisfactory references which will be sought upon application for this post.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job