SEN Teaching Assistant required in the Trafford Area
I am currently seeking a driven teaching assistant to support students at a SEN School in the Trafford Area.
This Academy focuses on moderate to complex levels of disability, with various specialisms including complex medical conditions. All pupils have an Individual Education Plan, utilising records of achievement and progress.
The applicant will need the ability to support pupils behaviourally, academically, and with aspects of personal and medical care. You would also be required to support the teacher and other support staff with planning and recording students progress. Experience with PMLD, ASD, MLD and SLD is desirable.
The hours will be 8:30am-3:45pm Monday to Friday.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting pupils with emotional and/or behavioural difficulties associated with learning difficulties
- Supporting with pupils with complex medical and physical disabilities, including feeding procedures and low level medical procedures
- Supporting pupils with personal care where needed
- Assisting with and carrying out intervention techniques as per school policy (Team Teach)
- Supporting pupils by understanding their Individual Education Plan, their level of progress, (using BSquared and P Levels) and their communication systems e.g. PECS/Signalong/Objects of Reference/Symbols
If you would like to apply for this position, please email across a CV to or give me a call on