SEN Teaching Assistant - EYFS - Central London SEN Unit (Autism / ASD) - ASAP start
This is a FANTASTIC and RARE opportunity, perfectly suited to a Psychology Graduate seeking a full time SEN Teaching Assistant role, supporting children with Autism / ASD.
Located within one of London’s most popular Boroughs, this Camden based Primary SEN Unit is an amazing learning environment for children with Autism / ASD aged 3-11yrs.
The head of unit is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Graduate Teaching Assistant to join her team as a dedicated Early Years TA, supporting the class teachers and children aged 3-5yrs.
This is a full-time post, starting immediately and ongoing until July 2018 or beyond if your availability suits!!
Applications are advised ASAP, with interviews and trial days happening from Monday 8th.
Interested?? Read on and find out more...
PERSON:- Who are the school looking for?
- Psychology Graduate - 1st Class or 2:1
- Someone passionate about SEN & Mental Health
- Previous experience of Autism ideally required!
- Experience working with children aged 3-5yrs (Early Years) ideal!
- Calm, caring & confident individual
- Natural ability working with children
- MUST be able to commit until at least July 2018
- Perfect for an aspiring Psychologist (Educational, Clinical or Speech Therapist)
ROLE:-What will your role consist of?
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Full Time (5 days per week) Immediate Start (Until July 2018)
- Excellent on the job training - PECS & Makaton
- Brilliant experience ahead of Doctorate or Masters in Sept 2018 / 19
- Supporting Early Years children with Autism
- Ability to adapt to meet the children’s needs
- Paid £70 per day (rising to £80 per day)
- Excellent Healthcare Package included
SCHOOL:- Where will you be working?
- Leading Primary SEN Unit
- Caters for up to 18 pupils with Autism / ASD
- Brilliant Central London location - Camden - Zone 1
- Well-resourced school site, sharing with a superb mainstream primary school
- Superb team in place - leadership & Teaching / Support
- Excellent Transport Links - Victoria & Northern Line
- Less than 5mins walk from Underground
This is an exciting and rare SEN Teaching Assistant position, which will see you gain the invaluable experience required ahead of your chosen career within Education / Psychology.
Apply today with your full cv and a brief cover letter. If shortlisted, the Clarus Team will be in touch within 24hrs.
- Special Needs
- Teaching Assistant
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Autism Support