Learning Support Assistant
SEN School - Croydon
£60 per day
** we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic support staff **
Veritas are working with an SEN school that caters for st7udents with moderate to severe learning difficulties, many of the students are also on the Autistic spectrum. The school is based in Croydon and caters for ages 11-19 years.
The new purpose built school has state of the art facilities to help ensure the students thrive and fully explore their creative talents.
The school are looking for an LSA with ASD and SLD experience to support a range of ages. Having experience in dealing with challenging situations and being proactive in your approach to these children is essential - but we are also willing to consider people with social worker/support worker backgrounds that have a keen interest in supporting these young individuals.
Ideally candidates will be based locally, have access to a car, and be able to commit for the duration of the booking.
Key skills and experience needed:
- SEN experience
- Strong behaviour management
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manor
- Enthusiasm and friendly approach
If you are interested in this rewarding role, please contact Gemma at Veritas
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
- "teaching assistant" "TA" "LSA" "support staff" "learning support assistant" "croydon" "bromely" "support worker" "mentor" "learning mentor"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'