My client is a PMLD (profound, multiple learning difficulties) school located in the NWKent area. The school is a day school for pupils with physical disabilities, complex medical needs and associated learning and communication difficulties from age 4 to 19.
A supportive environment and a rewarding place to work, every member of staff participates in enabling the students to learn and to aspire to achieve meaningful independence. The School always places children and young people at the centre of all decisions it takes and it has a relentless focus on achieving the best possible outcomes for every student.
The school are looking for Teaching and Learning Support Assistants to help provide high quality support for teaching and learning within the classroom. In particular:
- Informing and advising other support staff deployed in lessons to enable them to effectively support students' learning
- Ensuring effective communication with, and between, staff and students and contribute to securing efficiency and high standards of care and personal development for students
- Delivering particular strategies and programmes for students
- To lead on general support duties including providing physical management and personal care
In addition to this successful applicants will have the following:
- A good general education including GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C or above in English and Maths and will be supported to complete the Level 3 Children's Workforce Diploma (if not already achieved).
- Experience of complex physical and medical needs is desirable.
- An aspiration to enable students to learn and achieve meaningful independence is essential.
- Certificates in manual handling (desirable)
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.