Are you an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant or Youth Worker looking for a new and exciting opportunity?
In this SEN TA role, you will be working with key students across KS1 to KS4 who have been diagnosed with Special educational needs, predominantly with ASD & SEMH. Typically, the students in this school are from a disadvantaged or vulnerable backgrounds and the type of person that would suit this role will be a caring and nurturing individual who can easily build a rapport and act as a mentor.
This lovely SEN school has high expectations for their students, and you will be expected to work on a 1:1 basis with students throughout the day, in class and out, providing both academic and pastoral support. It is imperative that you can build good and trusting relationships with students of all ages and needs.
The school is looking for:
- Previous experience working within a SEN school setting is preferred but not essential
- Experience working with students with either ASD (Autism) or challenging behaviour (SEMH) in any setting
- Experience working as a behaviour mentor or similar role
- A Psychology degree or similar is an advantage but not essential
- Candidates with a youth working or sports coaching background are encouraged to apply
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role you will need to provide the following:
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'