SEN Teaching Assistant (ie EBD / SEMH / ASD)
- Experience working with children as either an SEN TA / Youth Worker OR Support Worker ?
- Able to build a strong rapport with young people and children?
- Resilient, Calm under pressure & dedicated with challenging behaviour?
- Keen on looking for role working with young people with behaviour difficulties?
If you have said YES to ALL the above, then this could be just the role for you!
PRU located in the borough of Bexley is recruiting for a SEN TA specialising in behaviour difficulties. This full time and long term post is to commence after the half term break until at least the end of term.
This is an very well run PRU in Bexley and essentially they cater to secondary level students. Successful PRU that works hard with their students to essentially re-integrate them into mainstream education. This is a supportive school with exceptional staff who make a difference to young lives. Management at this school is accommodating, approachable and great leaders.
New post has been made available as due to the demands of new pupils at this PRU & increase in the workload, this vacancy has become available for someone to start after the half term! You will essentially be working with pupils on a 1:1 basis and also within small groups. This is a long term & full time vacancy for a SEN TA who is available after the half term break. The successful person will either have experience as either a support worker OR Youth Worker or already has experience as an SEN TA SEN students /young people (Ie EBD, SEMH, ASD, etc). As an empathetic, dedicated, firm but fair SEN Teaching Assistant you can successfully build a strong rapport with the your students. Essentially you will be a resilient individual who can deal with challenging behaviour and doesn’t take things to heart.
- Experience as either an SEN TA or Youth Worker or Support Worker (worked with children or young people)
- Experience with challenging behaviour pupils (ie SEMH, EBD, ASD etc)
- 6 months Experience minimum in mainstream or SEN Schools
- Able to build a strong rapport with children and young people
- Experience working with pupils on a 1:1 and small groups basis
- Resillient, patient and calm under pressure
- In date Enhanced DBS with the update service
- Special Education
- Young People
- Peer Mentoring
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'