We are currently recruiting for a hardworking and passionate SEN teaching assistant, for a highly reputable primary school based in Banbury.
As an SEN TA you will play a key role in the development and progression of the students, so patience is a must.
The SEN TA will help in a classroom of children working across Key Stages EYFS / 1 & 2.
Previous experience in a SEN environment is preferred but not essential.
You should be aware that every child's needs are individual to them. The school in Banbury are looking for people who have a calm and confident character and able to take initiative.
Responsibilities and duties for an SEN TA:
- Motivate and drive the pupils to help boost their self esteem
- Working to specific goals with the children's different needs
- Building a rapport with both the pupils and staff
- Being able to work as a team and individually using your own intuition
- Being able to adapt to varying levels of SEN
- Support the teacher by monitoring pupils' work
- keeping records and attending meetings
- Create a stimulating environment for the pupil's
- Ongoing support including training programmes and CPD
- Safeguarding Training
- We complete online timesheets- Little admin!
- £200 Referral fee for every member of staff that you recommend to Monarch Education* (T+C's apply)
- Negotiable rate of pay as per experience and qualifications
What you need:
- 6 months + in a SEN or Classroom environment
- 2 relevant references *satisfactory and above*
- NVQ Level 1/2/3* (reference dependent) or relevant qualification
- 3 months + experience in a UK school
The position is full time with an immediate start for the right candidate. The role will be Monday-Friday during term time hours.
If you are interested, please send your cv to
or call for further information.We will endeavour to call you within 1-2 working days.
We are committed to equal opportunities and adhere to strict safeguarding procedures. All candidates will be subject to 2 relevant references and an enhanced DBS Check amongst other checks.
(If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a chat on your career)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job