Teaching Personnel is working with an SEN school based in Plymouth that caters for pupils aged 5-16, with a variety of special educational needs including complex needs and SEMH. All of the pupils who attend the school are no longer in mainstream education and have Education and Health Care Plans.
The role would be working across a variety of year groups, supporting both on a 1:1 basis and working within small groups. The school tailors the National Curriculum to suit each individual.
Class sizes are small and there will usually be a Teacher, HLTA and other Teaching Assistants in the classroom, however, you will be expected to use your own initiative and work proactively.
The role is to start in November 2018, is full time- 8:30-3:30 Monday to Friday. It is also term time only.
The ideal candidate MUST:
- Have a full, clean driving licence with access to a car daily
- Have a NVQ Level 3 minimum in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Be available immediately with ability to carry out a long-term role
- Be passionate about working with children and supporting learning and welfare
We can offer you:
- Choice and Variety - giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
- Pay - Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
- myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
- Safe Working Practice - ensuring your reputation is protected
- Excellence in Education Awards - recognising the positive impact you deliver in schools
- TP Tokens - supporting national children and education charities through your direction
In order to work for Teaching Personnel and clear our vetting process, you must have a Child Workforce DBS subscribed to the Update Service. Full assistance will be provided should you need to apply for a new check, at a standard cost of £44, plus an annual subscription fee of £13 for the Update Service.
If you hold experience working with children or young people and want take the next step in building a career in an exciting and rewarding area of education, please contact Harley on the details below or email your CV and a covering letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE E.n.g.l.i.s.h & M.a.t.h.s (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'