Seeking an SEN Teaching Assistant 1-1 to work with a special needs students on a 1:1 basis in an Hornchurch school. The student has severe needs including Autism and Behavioural issues. This is a part time position perfect for someone who is patient, calm and has a passion for working with special needs.
This will be ideal for any passionate SEN Teaching Assistant 1-1 that can ensure students education and care is of a high standard.
- As an SEN Teaching Assistant 1-1 you will be responsible for providing a dynamic range of support for the student with learning difficulties.
- The chosen SEN Teaching Assistant 1-1 will be working with a student with a statement of special needs including EBD and ASD.
- The student is prone to becoming volatile and therefore this requires someone who is persistent within their role, using various strategies to calm challenging behaviour.
- Restraint training would be an advantage.
- The position requires someone who is adaptable with knowledge of the National Curriculum as the student learning plans will gradually tie in with curriculum.
- The ideal candidate will have sound knowledge of SEN, in particular EBD and Autism and have some experience working 1:1 with these needs.
- Ability to build a rapport with the student to ensure they are happy and can integrate as fully as possible.
- You will ensure they can thrive and fully develop their social, cognitive and emotional skills.
- You must have a calming nature and a developed knowledge and understanding of the particular needs of the student.
For this SEN Teaching Assistant 1-1 position it is ideal if you are:
qualified with a relevant Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant certification and/or SEN qualifications.
Previous experience working with moderate to complex learning difficulties would be an advantage.
Experience with behavioural management techniques would be ideal.
This post is part time to start ASAP
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and other safeguarding procedures.
If you feel you are suitable for this role, please get in touch we would be happy to hear from you. We here at Apex Education Training strive to find you the perfect work/life balance. So let us know your requirements and we will work with you to find suitable employment in schools.
- Meet you locally at a mutual time and venue
- Assist with CV's or Applications
- Preparation for interviews
- Guidance with your tax and making sure you are on the correct coding
- Personal advisor for continued support and development
- Get you paid to your scales
- Special Needs
- Assistant Teaching