- ASD/SLD KS2 Class
- Merton SEN School
- Outstanding OfSTED
- 8 pupils, 3 Full Time TAs
- Excellent Facilities
- Supportive SLT
- Comprehensive Regular CPD
- November Start
- Full Time
- Salary MPS - UPS
The SEN Teacher Job
My client is an outstanding Ofsted rated school (2019) based in the London Borough of Ealing. They are seeking to appoint a creative and skillful SEN Teacher to join their team from November 2020. They are seeking to appoint an SEN teacher who is able to demonstrate both excellent classroom practice and an up-to-date understanding of the latest developments in special needs best practise. The class will be a mixed upper KS2 ASD/SLD group of 8 pupils supported by 3 full time specialist SEN Teaching Assistants. Experience teaching an ASD/SLD class in a similar UK SEN school would be beneficial although as the class are well behaved and the support staff amongst the strongest in the school and the Headteacher is very happy to support primary trained teachers with a good track record and an interest in SEN.
The SEN School
This vibrant and hugely successful Ealing SEN school offers outstanding educational provision. They work with young people, aged 3 to 11, who have severe and complex learning difficulties, including learners with an additional diagnosis of autism and/or physical/sensory difficulties. This fantastic Ealing school takes great pride in the achievements of pupils, the expertise of their staff, the outstanding facilities and its reputation as a centre of excellence. Successes are celebrated and the SLT are very much focused on acknowledging staff for the thought, care and hard work that they contribute - this ethos creates a happy, supportive and overwhelmingly positive environment for staff, pupils and parents alike.
Pupils flourish within the dedicated facilities and, alongside a network of strong, professional teams, this enables the school to trail blaze a truly holistic approach to learning. From bright, spacious classrooms, fully equipped indoor and outdoor play areas, to inviting hydrotherapy pools and a purpose built dance studio, learners are provided with the opportunity to explore and shine in areas that they most enjoy.
This fabulous Ealing SEN school community, supported by a highly committed governing body, is determined that each student receives an individual, rich and finely-tuned education, within a happy, thriving environment where the highest standards are held at all times. Partnership with parents are crucial and one of the key principles by which the school is run is that communication with parents is crucial as it helps young learners lead fulfilled lives.
The SEN Teacher Applicant
The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver fun, creative, interesting lessons designed to increase stimulate independent thought, interaction and sensory engagement amongst pupils. You will hold qualified teacher status (QTS) and will have a sound basic understanding of autism having either taught pupils with ASD in an SEN or mainstream class setting. You will be familiar with alternative communication tools such as PECS and Makaton and will have a basic understanding of the cognitive behaviour therapy techniques espoused in the TEACCH approach to supporting autistic learners. You will also have a proven track record of good or outstanding teaching.
SEN Teacher Benefits
- Inner London MPS-UPS Salary + SEN Point.
- You will be joining a successful and vibrant SEN school.
- As a SEN teacher you will be given excellent in house training.
- Supported by an outstanding team of TAs who are supportive and open to clear direction.
- Good location well served by Thameslink, rail and underground stations nearby.
- Popular location in a residential area surrounded by local transport routes and green open spaces.
- The SLT places great importance in building strong relationships and a positive environment for staff.
- There is a good social side with most of the staff making it out for a few drinks each Friday
- The SLT believe in a healthy work life balance, encouraging staff to go home at a reasonable time
- "SEN Teacher"
- "ASD" or "PMLD" or "SLD" or "special educational needs"
- "SEND Teacher"
- "Severe Learning Difficulties"
- "Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'