SEN Teacher - Primary Class
- Primary SEN Teacher
- Small Class (6 pupils)
- Autism (SLD/ASD) Class
- Key Stage 2
- Long Term Post
- Immediate Start
- Hounslow SEN School
- Good/Outstanding OfSTED
A special school for children and young people with moderate and severe learning difficulties based in the London Borough of Hounslow are seeking to appoint an experienced SEN teacher to start with them on a long term basis covering a member of staff who has been diagnosed with a long term illness. The school educates pupils with moderate to severe learning difficulties a high proportion of whom have a diagnosis of autism.
Ofsted recently adjudged the school to be an outstanding provision highlighting a number of exceptional features including, teaching and learning, leadership and safeguarding. The school is based in a recently opened a state of the art modern purpose built facility that offers a huge range of resources including soft play and sensory rooms, a therapy pool, bright well appointed classrooms designed to the exact specifications of the teaching team and the needs of their students. Staff point to the happy, friendly and supportive team environment where everyone is highly professional but where staff do enjoy each others company - "having a laugh and enjoying your day" is encouraged by the SLT.
They are currently recruiting for a classroom teacher to work in the primary department. The successful applicant will have a very small class (6 pupils) with a high ratio of staff to pupils (2 Full Time TAs). They are looking for applicants who have experience or understanding of pupils with SEND, specifically Severe Learning Difficulties and Autism. Due to the complexity of need and the fact that this position has arisen at short notice in the middle of the year they are only looking for teachers who have recent experience in a specialist SEN school teaching a similar cohort of children.
Essential qualities they are looking for are:
- Experience of developing and adapting curriculum and schemes of work to meet the needs of pupils with SLD and Autism
- Imagination, creativity and a highly developed sense of responsibility
- A desire to motivate and enthuse all pupils.
- Thorough knowledge of assessment and an understanding of how to deliver and assess differentiated programmes of study
- A passion for the promotion of the highest levels of progress in learning and independence
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team, in partnership with all stakeholders including parents
- Having spoken to staff to establish what it is they like about their jobs common themes do emerge.
The SLT are a stable team that has built an exceptional reputation steadily over the last 5 years. They make a point of investing in the training and development opportunities of the teaching and support staff. The school is committed to raising standards through continuous development and enhancing the learning experiences of the pupils.
If shortlisted, you will be required to spend a full day in school. The assessment day will include class based activities and well as an interview and written tasks.
- "SEN Teacher"
- "ASD" or "PMLD" or "SLD" or "special educational needs"
- "SEND Teacher"
- "Severe Learning Difficulties"
- "Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'