SEN Teacher (SLD)
1 Year Contract
Pay depending on experience
A large special needs (SEN) school based in South London is seeking a teacher with some recent SLD experience to join their team from immediately. Ideally the successful applicant will have a proven track record working in an SEN environment but the Headteacher will consider a primary trained teacher with a passion for SEN, a proven track record as a teacher and a can do attitude.
The successful applicant will be teaching a mixed KS1 class (6 pupils) with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD.) The majority of the children have additional medical and sensory needs as well as physical impairments. The class consists of 6 pupils who are all working at P levels, as a result experience of the EYFS curriculum would be advantageous, though not essential. Much of the work you would be doing will be based loosely on the Early Years curriculum with a particular focus on developing social and communication skills. You will be working alongside two really friendly learning support assistants (LSAs) who know the children and the school procedures and will help you get up to speed quickly. Some experience of PECS and Makaton would be advantageous but training is available.
The successful candidate will be flexible, with the ability to use their own initiative where required. Experience working in an SEN school or with SLD children would be an advantage, but the school are clear that they want a good teacher first and foremost - excellent training is available. They would be more than happy to support an excellent practitioner with passion for SEN but limited SEN experience.
Progress with these pupils can be slow when compared to their contemporaries so patience, a caring nature, passion for the job and strong self-belief will be essential.
* Classroom management
* Planning, Preparing, Delivering and Marking
* Delivering effective lessons
* Monitoring the progress of the pupil's learning
Benefits to you
* Excellent rates of pay depending on experience
* Opportunity of a permanent contract with the school
* Work based in good area, Bromley
* Paid via PAYE
* Attractive rates of pay
* Specialise in delivering effective lessons
* Experience with challenging behaviour
* Strong communication skills
* Valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
* Available 5 days a week and able to commit
* Be available for a temporary to permanent basis
Please submit your CV today or contact Hannah Ferguson on or via email k.
- SEND Teacher QTS PCGE Full Time Teaching Position Special Educational Needs and Disabilities SLD KS1
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job