SEN Teacher:Primary SEN Teacher
KS1 ASD Class of 6 pupils
2 Outstanding Full Time TAs
London Borough of HarrowOutstanding OfSTEDLong Term/Temp to Perm Opportunity
This is a modern well resourced and highly respected Special Needs school in Harrow West London that caters to students aged between 3 and 11 with a wide range of complex and profound learning difficulties. These include severe autism, complex medical conditions, physical and mobility difficulties, as well as severe developmental delay. The school benefits from a modern purpose built building that offers the latest and best resources for the students.
The school is a friendly, warm and highly supportive environment to work in. The Headteacher would like to stress that they are open to supporting teachers in their development including mainstream teachers looking to move into SEN and overseas trained teachers who have been working as TAs in UK SEN schools with a proven track record and good recent experience.
- This is a long cover starting ASAP on a time-sheet basis
- You will be teaching a class of 6 KS1 Autistic pupils
- ASD class (P6 - NC1 attainment levels)
- Pupils are using PECS and Communication Boards for communication as they are mainly none verbal
- The school use TEACCH theory for a Cognitive Behavioural therapy approach to teaching Autism in line with NAS guidelines.
- You will be expected to undertake all the responsibilities of a permanent member of staff including planning, assessment and attending staff meetings/training
- The class is supported by 2 highly trained and experienced full time TAs
- There is the potential for a permanent contract further down the line
The Ideal SEN Teacher:
- Qualified Teacher or Overseas Trained Teacher who can obtain QTS
- Experience teaching pupils with Severe Autism
- Recent UK SEN school experience
- Valid DBS
- PECS and TEACCH Skills
- Good References
- Available ASAP
- "SEN Teacher"
- "SEND Teacher"
- "Autistic spectrum disorder"
- "ASD" or "SLD" or "Autistic spectrum condition" or "special educational needs"