Role: SEN Teacher
Salary: £22.692 - £33.492 annual
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you have the resilience and patience to work and teach special needs students? If yes then this is definitely the role for you.
Working with special needs students is a rewarding career in which you teach, guide, support and comfort students who may find everyday tasks challenging which why I am looking for a teacher who has the compassion needed to preform this role.
A specialised school situated in the Crawley area is looking for a teacher, full time, who can join their thriving school and make a difference to their children.
This specialised school is a non-maintained special school designed to meet the educational, behavioural, care and therapeutic needs for children. The children have a range of special needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) and Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
* An interest in working with a group of people with learning disabilities
* Plan and deliver creative and innovative lessons
* Possess and maintain a deep and secure knowledge of your subject and the open mindedness to try a more hands on approach to the curriculum.
* Create a challenging and stimulating classroom climate that will motivate pupils to learn, think independently, take risks, empathise with others, and perform to the best of their abilities.
* Be aware of the learning needs of the pupils you teach and ensure that each pupil is given every opportunity to fulfil his/her potential
* Have the passion to teach and to make a difference
You will require:
* A postgraduate teaching qualification (QTS desirable but not essential)
* Evidence of further relevant professional development would be an advantage
* A proven track record of delivering on academic performance
* Evidence of successful, inspiring and innovative teaching
* Ability to communicate concisely and sensitively, both verbally and in writing, to a variety of audiences
* Contribute, as appropriate, to departmental policies, schemes of work, digital learning and other resources as well as development planning.
* Being eligible to work in the UK
* Be able to work with learners that have various learning difficulties
* Being confident to support the lead in groups, in different educational subjects.
Free hot meal
Access to all school facilities
Benefits for working with Randstad:
Team teach Training
Dedicated consultants 24/7 (We are on call!)
Continuous support though out your whole journey
Opportunity to choose your work pattern
Are these skills that you feel you have? Do you feel that this is the rewarding role for you? Please then apply ASAP.
For more information about this role contact Stine (pronounced Steena) Hansen on or email for more details about the role.
Further more, we have an array of positions in West Sussex which may also be of interest to you.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.