SEN Teacher - Primary ASD/Maths Coordinator
- Permanent Job
- Starting as soon as possible
- MPS - UPS3 + SEN Points + TLR Points
- Permanent Job
- Excellent SLT
- Real Investment in CPD
- Hammersmith & Fulham School
- Good OfSTED
I am, seeking to appoint a class teacher and Maths Coordinator to an all age special school (5-19) located in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. The school caters for children and young people with a wide range of learning difficulties, including Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and moderate learning (MLD) and medical needs. All our pupils have a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or an Educational Health Care Plan (EHC).
The Headteacher, SLT and all teaching and learning staff are committed to enabling all the young people to achieve their full potential in education and life. High expectations in terms of behaviour and progression of all pupils is the norm. The aim is to ensure that all their young people can be independent, resilient and able to make positive life choices, confidently contributing to and being valued by the communities in which they find themselves. The aim is to achieve this by being amongst the best providers of special education and a centre for excellence within the education community.
I am therefore looking for a maths coordinator to work across the school. You should have a sound knowledge of the maths curriculum and be willing to develop your expertise further. This is an ideal opportunity for a teacher to develop their leadership skills.
- To play the leading role in managing day-to-day Maths curriculum issues.
- Developing, promoting and monitoring procedures for improving the quality of the Maths Curriculum.
- Establishing, developing and implementing an appropriate Maths Curriculum which meets the needs of all pupils.
- To assist the AHT [Assessment] with Pupil Assessment and take a lead on the Maths Assessment / Recording / Reporting to ensure there is an effective system for recording and reporting pupil progress; as well as analysing and using the data for use in school improvement.
- To support in the development of the Maths Curriculum across all key stages within the school.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
To be responsible for a small class of pupils with complex needs including autism and moderate learning difficulties. This will be achieved by:
- Being an outstanding teacher
- Having excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Having evidence of experience in meeting the needs of pupils with a range of complex needs or being willing to undertake training
The school offers:
- Friendly, enthusiastic, delightful pupils and students
- A committed and caring staff team
- A proactive and supportive governing body
- Opportunities to develop your skills and talents.
Apply today for an immediate interview!
- "SEN Teacher"
- "ASD" or "PMLD" or "SLD" or "special educational needs"
- "SEND Teacher"
- "Severe Learning Difficulties"
- "Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties"