SEN Teacher - Secondary KS2/3 ASD/SLD, PMLD
- Role for SEN Teacher
- 1 YEAR Contract
- ASD/SLD/PMLD class (6 pupils)
- London Borough of Haringey
- Good OfSTED Report
- 11 - 16 y/o Provision
- Excellent Public Transport Links, Central and Piccadilly line
- State of the art facilities including hydrotherapy pool
A Good (OfSTED) SEN school which caters for a wide range of general, complex, severe (SLD) and profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), as well as social emotional (SEMHD), language and communication needs (SLCN). Nearly two-thirds of the school's pupils have Autism (ASD).
The school has excellent transport links on the Central and Piccadilly lines, being a 10/15 minute walk from the nearest station. The school has strong links with theatres ensuring class trips for pupils with teacher supervision; the school ensures three annual trips are offered to all students regardless of attainment levels.
Teaching staff are Outstanding with effective and capable TAs present on-hand for support in and out of the classroom. OfSTED credited teachers with making great progress since the school's last inspection for individualising lessons while the SLT is approachable and good at communicating strategies effectively.
Teachers are expected to plan lessons so as to provide focused activities which enable pupils to make sound progress for the school's 127 pupils. Applications are invited from teachers who are able to identify the key areas where each pupil can prosper. The role requires a capable qualified teacher experienced with ASD pupils (KS2/KS3) who can creatively plan and deliver the curriculum to pupils with autism.
The Role Offers:
- The chance to develop professionally in your career
- Work with a well-resourced school with supportive staff and capable assistants
- An approachable senior leadership team
- Regular annual school trips
- Competitive salary
To apply please send your up to date CV today.
- "SEN Teacher"
- "ASD" or "PMLD" or "SLD" or "special educational needs"
- "SEND Teacher"
- "Severe Learning Difficulties"
- "Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties"