SEN Teacher:Primary SEN Teacher
SLD Class of 8 pupils
3 Outstanding Full Time TAs
London Borough of HarrowOustanding OfSTEDLong Term/Temp to Perm Opportunity
This is a modern well resourced and highly respected Special Needs school in Harrow West London that caters to students aged between 3 and 11 with a wide range of complex and profound learning difficulties. These include severe autism, complex medical conditions, physical and mobility difficulties, as well as severe developmental delay. The school benefits from a modern purpose built building that offers the latest and best resources for the students.
The school is a friendly, warm and highly supportive environment to work in. The Headteacher would like to stress that the specific class is one of their most complex which means they are keen to secure a teacher with a proven track record and good recent experience.
- This is a long cover starting ASAP on a timesheet basis
- You will be teaching a class of 8 KS1 pupils
- Mixed needs SLD class (P4 - P7 attainment levels) - 2 pupils have cerebral palsy and 3 have physical needs
- Pupils are using PECS, Communication Boards and one student is using i-Pad adaptive technology for communication
- You will be expected to undertake all the responsibilities of a permanent member of staff including planning, assessment and attending staff meetings/training
- The class is supported by 3 highly trained and experienced full time TAs
- There is the potential for a permanent contract further down the line
The Ideal SEN Teacher:
- Qualified Teacher or Overseas Trained Teacher who can obtain QTS
- Experience teaching pupils with Severe Learning Difficulties
- Recent UK SEN school experience
- Valid DBS
- PECS and Makaton Skills
- Good References
- Available ASAP
- "SEN Teacher"
- "ASD" or "PMLD" or "SLD" or "special educational needs"
- "SEND Teacher"
- "Severe Learning Difficulties"
- "Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties"