Primary SEN Teacher
SLD Class of 7 pupils
Friendly Complex Needs Class
London Borough of Hounslow
Long Term/Temp to Perm Opportunity
This is a modern well resourced and highly respected Special Needs school in Hounslow West London that caters to students aged between 4 and 11 with complex needs and Autism. The school benefits from a modern purpose built building that offers the latest and best resources and provision for the students. They operate a primary teaching model offering a curriculum that is exciting and challenging. The staff are dedicated and work hard to ensure that teaching approaches and learning objectives are meaningful and relevant to all their pupils with a real emphasis placed on creative, multi-sensory teaching. Working with the in-house therapists; the teaching staff set individual pupil targets in their personalised learning plans which are integrated across the curriculum.
The school is a stable, warm and highly supportive environment to work in. The Headteacher would like to stress that the specific class is one of their most complex and challenging which means they are keen to secure a teacher with a proven track record and good recent experience. I have only ever had positive feedback from candidates who have visited the school and met the SLT.
- This is a long cover starting ASAP on a timesheet basis
- You will be teaching a class of 7 KS2 pupils
- You will be expected to undertake all the responsibilities of a permanent member of staff including planning, assessment and attending staff meetings/training
- The class is supported by 3 highly trained and experienced full time TAs
- There is the potential for a permanent contract further down the line
The Ideal SEN Teacher Candidate:
- Qualified Teacher or Overseas Trained Teacher who can obtain QTS
- Experience teaching pupils with Severe Learning Difficulties
- Recent UK SEN school experience
- Valid DBS
- PECS and Makaton Skills
- Good References
- Available ASAP
- "SEN Teacher"
- "ASD" or "PMLD" or "SLD" or "special educational needs"
- "SEND Teacher"
- "Severe Learning Difficulties"
- "Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties"