SEN Teacher - Surrey - Permanent
An SEN provision in Surrey is currently seeking an experienced SEN Teacher with extensive SLD, ASC and EBD experience.
This is a challenging, rewarding and unique place to work. The school has a deserved reputation for ensuring positive outcomes for complex learners, who have often used their challenging behaviour as a basis for communication prior to placement. Through detailed multi-disciplinary assessment, and using evidence-based teaching approaches.
Responsibilities will include:
• Identifying clear and individualised learning intentions for all learners.
• Setting and delivering appropriate learning tasks, which challenge and motivate pupils and encourage a high level of participation.
• Establishing and maintaining a safe, well-organised classroom environment and purposeful working atmosphere, which supports learning and in which pupils feel secure and confident.
• Managing behaviour with confidence, resilience and perseverance, and following agreed and consistent strategies alongside school and therapeutic colleagues.
• Providing a total communication-driven, physical and sensory curriculum, applying interventions outlined by Speech and Language, Psychology and Occupational Therapy Teams.
• Liaising effectively with parents and professionals, and recording assessment and progress accurately for presentation at review processes.
Successful applicants will hold an accredited formal Teaching Qualification (either QTS or QTLS or equivalent). Knowledge of all/some of the following is desirable: Teaching and Learning for pupils with SLD and / or ASC, National Curriculum/Accreditation, SEN pedagogy, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities & Diversity. Equally considered and valued, is a positive and solution-focused mentality, and the school considers applications from candidates with a wide range of experience.
Active Recruitment SEN LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
- Qualified Teacher
- Autism Spectrum Disorders