A PRU for students with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health Difficulties (SEMHD) are currently looking to recruit a qualified and experienced primary teacher to teach KS2-KS5, full time starting in January.
For this role, you must have QTS and experience teaching students across the primary curriculum who have SEMHD. Students are excluded from the school on a temporary basis and the main aim is to re-integrate students back into their mainstream schools and the school had an 80% success rate with this last academic year. Excellent and varied behaviour management strategies are essential to be successful in the role due to the nature of the students.
We are looking for a primary teacher who:
- Can plan and deliver engaging sessions across the primary national curriculum
- Can use a range of effective behaviour management techniques
- Has experience teaching to children with SEMHD, either in a mainstream or a PRU setting
- Has QTS
- Team Teach trained (or equivalent)
Empowering Learning Ltd is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you are looking for a rewarding role in SEN Teaching and want to make difference, we want to hear from you! Please submit your CV today or you can contact Hannah Ferguson on or via email
- SEND Teacher QTS PCGE Full Time Teaching Position Special Educational Needs and Disabilities PRU EBD SEBD SEMH Pupil referral unit