SEN Teacher job - Autism specialist needed ASAP Location: Thanet
Consider yourself a talented Teacher?
Are you passionate, caring, and looking to make your mark in SEN teaching?
Then you need to read on...
An opening has arisen at this specialist school based in the Broadstairs area catering for students aged 5-19 with severe learning difficulties who are on the Autistic Spectrum. Many pupils also have associated communication difficulties and associated emotional/behavioural challenges. We are looking for a resilient and creative teacher to teach across the school.
This SEN Teacher post will be to provide:
- Planning and delivery of the National Curriculum across both the Lower and Upper school curriculum. In the Upper school we are interested in Teachers with experience of delivering ASDAN qualifications
- To work in conjunction with the Leadership Team to ensure the provision of high quality teaching and learning opportunities
- To promote effective communication with other staff members, parents and other agencies including
In order to carry out the SEN Teacher job effectively, you will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience of working with students with Autistic Spectrum Disorder and related challenging behaviour
- The skill to lead a team of support staff experience of teaching across the Curriculum
- Experience in the use of Positive Behaviour Support, PECs,and Teacch would be an advantage
The school focuses on the individualised teaching approach. There are excellent facilities to aid teaching including sensory rooms, swimming pool and therapeutic activities such a sensory garden. Support provided within the school is outstanding. A high level of continual training is available to all staff. A Teacher who I have recently placed at the school as stated "As a new member of staff, I have never felt so welcome and accepted in any school before!".
In return for your hard work and caring qualities CER Education Recruitment will reward you with:
- A competitive daily rate of £120 - £170 per day
- Access to funded CPD via e-learning modules including topics such as Managing Extremes of Behaviour and Planning, Monitoring and Assessment
- Money back on your CERDBS
If you would be interested in hearing more about this SEN teaching job in Thanet or other SEN teaching jobs in Thanet or Kent, please contact Tara Lancaster on or apply with your CV.
- Special Needs Teacher
- SEN Teaching Job