SEN Teacher (ICT or Food Tech)
You will be teaching children and young people with moderate or severe learning difficulties, including those with ASC. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to work with a challenging and rewarding group of pupils, and have an understanding of pupils with autism. Passion is a MUST.
Qualifications and Experience
- QTS or recognised equivalent
- ICT or Food tech experience preferred
- Experience working with children aged 3-19 years
- Create a stimulating and safe learning environment.
- Establish and maintain a purposeful working atmosphere.
- Plan, prepare and deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject that you teach, other relevant initiatives and the school’s own policies.
- Assess and record the progress of pupils’ learning to inform next steps and monitor progress.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities and use a variety of strategies and practices to promote the diverse cultural and equality issues in the classroom.
- Teach using a wide variety of strategies to maximise achievement for all children including those with special educational needs and high achievers and to meet differing learning styles.
- Encourage children in developing self-esteem and respect for others.
- Deploy a wide range of effective behaviour management strategies, successfully.
- Communicate to a range of audiences (verbal, written, using ICT as appropriate).
- Use ICT to advance pupils’ learning, and use common ICT tools for their own and pupils’ benefit.
By applying with REED you will receive:
- Ongoing personalised support with an experienced SEN specialist recruitment consultant.
- Regular and tailored provision of day-to-day, long-term and permanent work.
- Competitive rates of pay and support with incurred expenses.
- Professional CPD including Team Teach training.
- Support throughout your entire job hunt process including CV advice and interview coaching.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'