Prospero teaching are looking to appoint a behaviour support assistant to start in an alternative provision for online tuition in Exmouth.
You will be working with children with emotional, social and mental health needs who have been excluded from their previous school or pupil referral unit. This role is perfect for an enthusiastic, driven and creative candidate with previous experience of working with young people with SEMH needs.
You will be supporting young children and will be responsible for encouraging the positive emotional, social and academic development of children. Essential skills include relationship building, the ability to re-engage young people at risk of low attendance or social exclusion whilst make school participation inclusive.
- SEN Tutoring
- Start Date: ASAP
- Long Term, Temp to Perm
- Hours: Full time(8:30am - 15:30)
- Minimum rate £30 hr
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A level of understanding/experience in childcare and special educational needs setting would be advantageous
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year - Prospero can provide this
- Experience of supporting young people with SEMH needs
- QTS certificate
- Ability to recognise the needs of individuals and deliver the relevant and effective teaching
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be comfortable working with challenging behaviour and be confident using de-escalation techniques with the young people
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information about the role or how Prospero Teaching can help you secure your next role, contact Sarah at the Bristol branch on or email your CV to .
- SEN TUTOR
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'