SEN Teacher Assistant
Contract: until July 2019 initially
Salary: 65 - 75
Location: North Manchester
A SEN Teaching Assistant is urgently required at one of our client schools in North Manchester. The post requires the candidate to have experience of working with pupils with special educational needs (SEN).
The role of a SEN Teaching Assistant will be dependent on the needs of the pupils at the school; ranging from support with learning, behavioural problems, anxiety and specific learning difficulties.
The school is looking for someone who has a real love of working with children who have special educational needs.
The objectives of a SEN TA will differ according to the individual requirements of each pupil.
Typical responsibilities of SEN TA will include:
- Supporting an SEN pupil on a 1:1 basis in the classroom
- Liaise with the SENCO/Inclusion manager to deliver SEN provision
- Developing social/emotional skills (depending on individual need)
- Working with teachers to monitor progress of pupils
- Accompanying pupils to relevant therapy sessions (depending on individual need)
To be considered for a role as SEN Teaching Assistant, you will ideally have:
- A Teaching Assistant qualification e.g. CACHE Level 1, 2 or 3 or a graduate
- Experience with SEN students and in depth knowledge
- Understanding on how to support the inclusion and progress of pupil with emotional and behavioural needs.
- Strong communication and behaviour management skills, as well as possessing the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with SEN
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client Schools.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to contact Almash at GSL Education as soon as possible.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'