Supreme Recruitment Solutions are looking for SEN Teachers to work around Middlesex
This is a role working in a school with great ethos and understanding of the children's needs.
A key aspect of working in this field is identifying individual needs and being responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
The work of an SEN teacher is often challenging and varied and may involve:
- teaching either individuals or small groups of pupils within or outside the class;
- preparing lessons and resources;
- marking and assessing work;
- developing and adapting conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils;
- using special equipment and facilities, such as audiovisual materials and computers to stimulate interest in learning;
- using specialist skills, such as teaching Braille to pupils with visual impairments or sign language and lip reading to students who have hearing impairments;
- collaborating with the classroom teacher to define appropriate activities for the pupils in relation to the curriculum;
- assessing children who have long or short-term learning difficulties and working with colleagues to identify individual pupils' special needs;
- liaising with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists;
- liaising closely with parents and guardians;
- organising learning outside the classroom in activities such as community visits, school outings or sporting events;
- assisting in severely disabled pupils' personal care/medical needs;
- administration, including updating and maintaining records on pupils' progress;
- attending statutory annual reviews or other related meetings, such as Looked After Child (LAC) reviews, regarding students with an SEN, which may involve reviewing statements of special educational needs;
- receiving in-service training;
- behaviour management.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job