Are you looking to work in a school with state of the art facilities and the up most support for their staff?
Lunatus Education have partnered up with a fantastic special needs school in West London whom are seeking an experienced SEN TA to start ASAP.
The school caters for children with severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple difficulties and autism. Therefore, previous experience teaching children with SEND requirements is essential. Ideally your experience will be UK based, but overseas experience will be considered for those with the relevant experience alongside a current Enhanced DBS certificate.
The school believe that all of their students are capable of making outstanding progress and want to appoint individuals who share that belief. A genuine passion to enrich learning and attainment of pupils is essential. You will also ideally hold a Child / Child & Adult DBS that is registered on the update service. Lunatus Education can apply for a new DBS for you should you need one.
Hours of work are 8.45am – 3.45pm for the secondary site, and you may at times be required to support within the college setting - hours for which are 9.15am - 4.15pm.
- Have a passion for working in education
- Have relevant experience supporting complex and severe needs
- Live in or be able to commute to areas of West London
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Be organised, proactive and flexible
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and line manages to ensure all students are offered valuable learning experiences
- Have a teaching support qualification
Your responsibilities include:
- To help students to develop a passion for learning
- To be able to show differentiation within your support styles for mixed ability learners
- Assessing and reporting students' progress and attainment and reporting back to the class teacher.
- Building rapport with both staff and students.
- Continually undergo professional development provided to improve teaching practice.
- Be willing to partake in school based training to upskill your own skillset.
To apply and commence working with us you must meet the below criteria:
- Possess an Enhanced Child / Child & Adult DBS with an update service subscription, or the willingness to apply for one through Lunatus Education
- Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- Be based in West London, or surrounding areas, and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the UK) within the last 5 years.
- Be able to show experience working with children with complex additional needs
- Be confident when working in a challenging environment
Why choose Lunatus Education?
- Simple registration process
- Best rates guaranteed
- Dedicated consultant
- PAYE and flexible Umbrella companies available
- Honest and transparent working
- Comprehensive interview preparation
- Free CPD funding (terms and conditions apply)
- Refer a friend bonus scheme up to £250 (terms and conditions apply)
To apply, send your CV in response to this advert, interviews are being arranged for next week so early applications are recommended.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'