Teaching Personnel are requiring Learning Support Assistants who specialise in supporting students with Special Educational Needs (including Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Autism, Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties) to work in an SEN School in the Long Eaton area of Derbyshire (Ng10)
This 'Good' rated SEN school caters for children aged from 4 to 16 (Foundation Stage to Key Stage 4). The main needs of our pupils include: autism, moderate to severe learning difficulties, behaviour, social and emotional difficulties, and speech, language and communication needs. There are currently have 72 pupils on roll.?????
The school has a sensory play area and covers a broad range of curriculum subjects including Core Subjects, Life Skills, Car and Vehicle Maintenance, Hospitality, Catering and Retail and Horticulture. KS4 students will aim to undertake GCSE subjects where possible.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Flexible, adaptable and creative to support a variety of students with complex health needs
- Experience communicating with young people who may have severely impaired communication using electronic communication aids, Makaton or PECS
- Team Teach trained (desirable but not essential)
- Confident to differentiate to a range of learning abilities including those on P-Levels
- Confident and comfortable with personal care requirements
- Any additional training is desirable e.g. Tracheostomy/Medication/Epilepsy/PEG Feeding, however this is NOT essential.
- Confident to support with sensory requirements such as hyper and hypo sensitivity
We are looking for a full time candidate, but will also consider part time candidates as well
For further information, please contact Emma Gale.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- Special Needs