Teaching Personnel are working closely with a school in the Eggington area of South Derbyshire who are recruiting for Teaching Assistants with experience in Autism.
The school caters for students on the Autistic spectrum, predominantly high functioning. Most of the students are academically extremely bright and will be sitting GCSE's, however they struggle with social skills so will need support to keep them motivated and engaged. Many will present with challenging behaviour so we are looking for people who can deal with this calmly and professionally on a regular basis.
Do you have the following skills?
- Level 3 NVQ or equivalent qualification (desirable but NOT essential).
- Experience working in a school or residential setting with children who have Special Educational Needs (experience working with Autism or Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties are areas of particular interest)
- Calm and patient, nurturing personality
- Experienced managing challenging behaviour calmly and with confidence.
- Confident to implement and follow Individual Education Plans and be willing to contribute to Education, Health and Care Plans with the support of the class teacher
- Be willing to get involved in extra-curricular activities including residential trips into the community, lunchtime and after school clubs where necessary
- Experienced assisting and supporting students to develop independence through vocational studies such as hygiene, cooking, shopping and budgeting.
- Experience supporting pupils on a 1:1 and whole class basis, in addition to supporting with trips outside of the school grounds
- Team Teach training or other equivalent behaviour management training (desirable but NOT essential)
If you think you have the relevant skillset for this role, please contact Emma Gale as soon as possible.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- Teaching Assistant
- Special Educational Needs