Five Education require a teaching assistant to work in a small independent special school in Wells. We require candidates with experience supporting children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) and SEMH (Social, Emotional & Mental Health needs). The ideal candidates for this school will be positive, proactive and patient. Candidates working in this school will be supporting with Forest School so familiarity or at least an interest would be an advantage.
Some of the children will have additional needs including Complex Needs and SpLD (Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Dyscalculia).
Responsibilities and duties:
- Working with the teacher to help the pupils access the curriculum including supporting with differentiation
- Supporting the children's emotional development, which may be below their peers
- Working 1:1 or with the whole class
- Helping students to learn self-regulation techniques, though a lot of guidance and support will be required
- Keeping students engaged with their work
- This school has more than one site and you may be asked to support at other bases occasionally
- Using de-escalation techniques to manage any challenging behaviour
- Communicating with parents/caregivers to maintain a consistent and informed approach
- A teaching assistant qualification (or similar - candidates with qualifications in education, youth/social work and counselling are welcome to apply)
- At least 12 months of recent teaching assistant or similar experience
- At least 6 months experience teaching or supporting children with SEMH
- A flexible and resourceful approach
- Confident to work with children who have mental health needs
- You will be able to demonstrate positive reinforcement
- Experience of THRIVE would be an advantage but not essential
- Available 5 days per week, 08:30 - 15:30, Mon - Fri
- Access to a car is necessary due to the location of the school
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/Police checks
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including a barred list check, reference checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'