SEN Specialist Teaching Assistant
Teaching Personnel are in partnership with an OFSTED rate 'Good' school to recruit a SEN specialist teaching assistant. The school is located in the NG18 area code of Mansfeld Town close to local transport links. The school are looking for an experienced and strong TA to work 1:1 with the pupil who has highly challenging behaviour, to implement behaviour boundaries and to provide a good positive role model for the pupil. The position is to start in the new academic on a termly temporary basis.
The ideal candidate will:
- Specialise in supporting pupils with Autism with recent 1:1 experience
- Be confident in supporting highly challenging students to engage in mainstream education.
- Actively encourage participation in tasks and activities
- Build a good and positive relationship to increase pupil confidence & self-esteem.
- Be flexible to support within the class and on a 1:1 basis outside of class when required.
- Be empathetic to the pupils requirements and implement boundaries where necessary.
For more information or to register with Teaching Personnel please contact Jacob on or alternatively email your CV
Registration is subject to an Enhance Child Workforce DSB registered to the Update Service, good references and a registration interview in branch. Please call for more information.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.