SEN Specialist Required, Newham, East London
Start Date- ASAP
Salary- From £65 -£70
Contract Type- Permanent/ Long Term for the right candidate
GSL Education are currently looking for a passionate and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to work within one of our partner primary schools located in Newham. The school is looking for a dedicated SEN teaching assistant that is able to support a child with autism and complex needs.
Our client is a creative and dynamic school with a primary focus to raise the standards of all their children whilst continuing to provide a broad, stimulating and engaging curriculum for everyone in their school. The school has dedicated and passionate staff work hard to ensure that all children are given every opportunity to become successful, confident and happy learners so that they will look back on their years at the school with pride and a sense of achievement, wherever their talents lie. Part of the success of the school is their partnership with parents as they share responsibility for the children education.
Ideally, you need to have:
• Graduated with a degree
• Experience with SEN/EAL/ELD students
• Eligibility to live and work in the UK
• The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with SEN
• Ability to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting
• Ability to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
• Capability to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve
The school offers:
• Excellent pay rates
• A welcoming, vibrant and inclusive school community
• Dedicated and passionate support staff
• Excellent career development opportunities
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Please send an updated CV to our Business Development Manager Nick Stanley as soon as possible.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job