SEN Science Teacher
Tradewind is looking for a hardworking and experienced Science teacher to work within a small Alternative education unit in Gloucestershire. The role is due to start asap and will continue at least until January 2022. It will involve working as a Science Teacher of KS3 & KS4 Students with SEMH or EBD. This role is full-time Monday to Friday between 0830-1630 hours. As a science teacher, you will have additional support from very experienced support staff made up of teaching assistants and HLTAs who work with the students individually.
Main duties will be:
Leading small groups of pupils (classes are usually no more than 10 students).
Establish relationships with other professionals or agencies to support the students.
Attending staff meetings and contributing to the development of the school.
The Alternative Provision School is an established school, catering for Secondary aged students with SEMH and EBD. It is easy to reach with public transport. The school has some private parking on the school grounds. It is a small school with an experienced strong SLT and a friendly group of support staff.
Class size has a capacity of maximum of 10 pupils and there is a high ratio of support staff per pupil, as well as other behavioural support rotating between the classes.
This school has a very experienced SEN support team as well as a supportive and hands-on approachable SLT.
QTS/QTLS - preferably Science or have experience of teaching Science.
Experience of supporting Secondary aged students with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Experience of managing challenging behaviour.
Confidence to manage severe challenging behaviour.
Team-teach training is ideal but not mandatory.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'apply now' to be considered for this great position as Science Teacher in Gloucestershire. If you would like to hear more information about the role please contact Michelle on / .
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Qualified Science Teacher with QTS or QTLS
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'