Five Education are working with a primary school in the Knowle West area to find Resilliant and experienced SENTA's to work with children in the school who require 1:1 support. Autism-friendly approaches are a must as well as positive approaches to behaviour management to fit the needs of the child. The candidate will have to consider the child's specific needs, including their triggers and calming mechanisms for moments of high anxiety.
- Assisting the child under your care with their schoolwork and activities
- Keeping to the child's routines and informing any changes in as much advance as possible
- Working with staff and parents to help inform and implement learning and behaviour strategies
- Working with the class teacher to help deliver information in a way that the child can process better
- managing challenging behaviour
- Working with the child to improve their emotional regulation
- 1 year of experience working with children
- 6 months of experience working with children with SEN
- Positive behaviour management strategies
- Autism-friendly approaches
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references
- Able to work 8.30-3.30 5 days per week term time only
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including a barred list check, reference checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'