Social Personnel are looking for a SEN Specialist to support an expanding team.
SEN Service Purpose :
• The SEN teams deliver statutory functions for children aged 0-25 within the wider 0-25 SEND Service in line with SEND legislation.
• The SEN Team administers are responsible for statutory functions on behalf of the Local Authority; including the statutory assessment of children with SEN and Safeguarding they also have significant contact with members of the public and other professionals from within and outside of the Council, including schools and other professional settings.
• The SEN Service manage crucial interfaces with support services, Children’s services and the Corporate Parenting team, as well as maintaining excellent multi agency working relationships.
• To manage the statutory assessment reviewing and placement process relating to Children and Young people 0-25 including preparation for tribunals.
• To undertake the drafting of statements of SEN and Health & Care Plans, including; updates, amendments and re-writes following the annual review process.
• Develop and maintain relationships with parents, children & young people and schools.
Role requirements :
• The Education, Health and Care Coordinator will need to manage a complex range of issues, utilizing effective case management.
• To operate in a positive, consistent and respectful manner to ensure service effectiveness.
• This role requires effective management of crucial interfaces with support services and Children’s Services in social care and health. As well as this, they need to maintain excellent multi-agency working relationships.
• Attend meetings and panels as required
• Through knowledge and Understanding of SEN legislative framework and relevant Government policy, initiatives and guidance
• Practical experience of utilising SEN knowledge
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
• Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to develop effective collaborative and co-operative working relationships with a range of colleagues, including external stakeholders.
• Ability to manage potentially stressful interpersonal situations utilising effective negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Analytical skills, problem solving abilities and ability to use initiative and work without supervision.
• Effective and accurate use of Information Technology.
• Personal commitment to the provision of an excellent customer and public service.
• A positive outlook that celebrates success, builds on a framework of good practice and seeks constructive solutions to problems.
• Respect for human diversity and individual needs for honesty, openness and dignity.
• Demonstrable commitment to learning, development and the achievement of potential; of self, colleagues and customers.
Click 'Apply' to register your interest and we'll be in contact within twenty four hours to discuss the role in more detail.??All job offers are conditional on satisfactory background checks and referencing.