SEN LSA'S NEEDED IN OPENSHAW!
The successful learning support assistant will ideally:
- Be enthusiastic, driven and conscientious
- Have previous experience working with children or young adults with Learning Difficulties.
- Have awareness or experience using PECS, basic sign language or Makaton.
- Be comfortable with personal care as you would be expected to assist with feeding, washing and toileting for pupils of all ages.
- Excellent communication skills
- Hold a current DBS or be willing to apply for a new one through Prospero Teaching
The students take part in subjects such as art, music, sport and horticulture. They have access to hydrotherapy swimming pools, sensory gardens and other specialist facilities. The role is to help encourage and promote independence for the young adults. Essential skills include excellent communication and relationship building. Previous experience of supporting learning with service users who have similar needs is important.
A registration process will need to be followed before starting the role, therefore you must be able to provide two references demonstrating the above skills.
This vacancy is being advertised by Prospero Teaching Manchester. The services advertised by Prospero Teaching, in this instance are those of an employment business. Prospero Teaching is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job