A specialist school in Walsall is looking for an experienced Learning Support Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a student in a KS3 class. The school caters for mixed age groups, but this student is KS3 ages.
The school is for students with SLD and ASD, with most pupils having some behavioural and communication difficulties. This pupil has an EHCP for ASD and requires 1:1 support.
This role requires someone who has previously worked on a 1:1 basis within SEND, ideally with ASD. This does not have to be within a specialist setting, although that would be beneficial.
- Work 1:1 with a pupil in line with his EHCP
- Support the class teacher where needed
- Liaise with parents and other external professionals on pupil progress
Required Skills & Experience:
- ESSENTIAL - Previous experience within an ASD support role
- ESSENTIAL - Experience working with KS3 pupils
- ESSENTIAL - A "team player" attitude with a positive and flexible approach to work
- DESIRED - Experience within a SEND setting/school
The Empowering Learning Difference:
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- Dedicated Consultants who will cater for your employment needs with 24/7 availability.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding.
- 24/7 support for interview and lesson observation preparation.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Demi-lea Pargetter or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'