Learning Support Assistant/Sports Coach
* Primary & Secondary SEND Schools
* Based in Greenwich
* Daily pay £65 - £78 depending on experience
Are you a sports coach with experience of working with children and young adults? Are you looking for a new challenge in a SEN school setting?
Empowering Learning are looking to appoint dynamic and experienced sports coaches that are looking for the opportunity to utilise their skills in an SEN education setting. Our school are currently looking for learning support assistants who are comfortable working with challenging behaviour and Complex needs, who can play a significant role in supporting students on their educational journey to encourage them to develop their social, emotional and life skills. They are also looking for a strong character, who can take responsibility and take initiative to overcome challenging situations and build a rapport with students who have a range of additional needs.
Our Special Schools provide an inclusive learning environment for children and young adults, who have Profound Multiple learning difficulties, Autism, Complex needs and Emotional and Behavioural difficulties. They offer a personalised programme and curriculum, enabling individuals to develop their life, social and independent living skills. They also work closely in partnership with communities and multidisciplinary teams and invest a vast amount into continual professional develop training for all their staff members.
To be suitable for this position you must;
- Have a Sports/Coaching background
- Experience working with children or young adults
- A confident and patient attitude
- Ability to utilise your sports background and incorporate your skills in an SEN setting
- Have a good level of experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour
- Comfortable assisting children and young adults with personal care including hygiene and feeding
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with staff and students
- A valid DBS registered on the update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Willing to commit to long-term, full time positions.
If you are looking for the opportunity to develop professionally in the SEN education sector, this is the role for you. Bring your passion and dedication and you can make a difference to learners with additional needs.
When working with Empowering Learning you will benefit from;
- Dedicated consultant committed to finding you the right role and setting for you, who will support you during your assignment
- Competitive rates of pay, depending on experience and the role £65-£80
- A fast clearance process, most of which can be accessed online.
If you have a passion for SEN and want the opportunity to make a difference, we want to hear from you. Please submit your CV to Sarah Kidman at or you can call on .
- Support Worker
- Challenging behaviour
- Sports Coach
- Complex needs
- "SEN Learning Support Assistant
- Personal care"