* Behaviour focused Learning support Assistant *
*** SEN experience ***
***South West London***
We are currently working with a mainstream secondary school in Richmond. The school are looking to recruit an experienced teaching assistant to join their small team.
The role will involve working 1:1 with year 7 SEN students, supporting them in the classroom and raising attainment. This role requires the candidate to have a good understanding of SEN, particularly ASD and experience managing challenging behaviour. The role will also involve liaising with SLT and supporting students in homework club.
The school is within walking distance to a mainline train station. Access to a car would be advantageous
Key skills and experience needed:
- Teaching Assistant
- Strong behaviour management or experience working with pupils who have ASD, ADHD and SEMH.
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manor
- Enthusiasm and friendly approach
If you thrive in challenging environments and are interested in this position, please send your CV to Gemma Yip at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
- "teaching assistant" "learning support" "lsa" "TA" "PRU" "SEN" "SEMH" "mentor" "twickenham" "secondary" "richmond"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job