Learning Support Assistant To work in a Wigan in a Primary PRU providing 1:1 Support
Are you looking for a new challenge or career change?
We have in urgent need of a Learning Support Assistant to work with KS 1 and 2 pupils with a range of Behavioural issues in a Wigan PRU to start in January 2018.
This position is on-going and expected to run for the full academic year.
This is an excellent opportunity for people with the right qualification and experience. Do you have a coaching background or a role supporting young people in a range of settings?
Responsibilities of the post:
The LSA's will ensure that pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
Duties will include running specific programmes and activities to assist pupil's individual learning and social needs. The LSA will be responsible for implementing the targets on the pupils Individual Education Plan (IEP) in liaison with the class teacher and Inclusion Manager.
In order to be considered for this post, you will need to:
- Have experience of working with young people in wide range of setting
- Hold TA 3 or equivalent recognised UK qualifications
- Have GCSE, 'O' Level or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the different social, cultural and physical needs of pupils.
- Have an interest in how young people learn and behave.
- Provide appropriate role models of behaviour both in the classroom and around school
- Really care about young people but particularly those who find learning and managing their behaviour difficult.
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour and always strive to get the best out of your students
- Be well organised and be able to plan effectively Be adaptable to cope with any situation
The post itself is subject to an enhanced DBS Certificate as well as satisfactory references, and applications from Newly Qualified TA's will be considered.
- If you feel that you have these qualities and that this role is something that you would like to be considered for then please either e-mail your CV to Karl Lucas at or contact the office directly by phone for a chat.
- OFFICE: Mobile:
- BESS offers very competitive daily rates of pay (£80-£90 per day) as well as an honest and upfront approach from an experienced dedicated team.
- We all take great pride in providing a quality service to schools and candidates in the Blackpool area.
RANDSTAD is an Equal Opportunities Employer we specialise in consistently placing fully qualified Teachers, cover supervisors, teaching assistants and office admin workers into positions within secondary and primary schools as well as Nursery staff across the Lancashire
- Psychology Degree
- counselling qualifications supporting teaching and learning