We are looking for 1:1 Support workers who can work with pupils who are out of Education due to medical conditions, mental health issues or School non attenders
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the right qualifications and experience who is looking for a new challenge or career change.
Do you come from an education; counselling or support services and have experience working with young people with challenging conditions and needs
Responsibilities of the post:
The role is to develop, support and engage with young people with complex medical and mental health needs as to facilitate their return to full time Education.
In order to be considered for this post, you will need to:
- Have experience of working with Young People in a variety of settings
- Hold recognised UK qualification or relevant degree e.g Psychology, counselling or Social care
- A good understanding of the complex needs of young people suffering from medical and mental health conditions
- Be able to work with a number of different key stake holders and agencies and provide feedback to families and relevant staff
- To help facilitate the smooth transition back into education, either mainstream or SEND settings
- Have knowledge and understanding of the different social, cultural and physical needs of pupils.
- Have an interest in how young people learn and behave.
- Provide appropriate role models of behaviour in the sessions
- Really care about Young people but particularly those who find learning and managing their behaviour difficult.
- Be well organised and be able to plan effectively and be adaptable to cope with any situation
The post itself is subject to an enhanced DBS Certificate as well as satisfactory references.
- If you feel that you have these qualities and that this role is something that you would like to be considered for then please either e-mail your CV to Karl Lucas at RANDSTAD via our website or contact the office directly by phone for a chat.
- OFFICE: Mobile:
- RANDSTAD offers very competitive daily rates of pay (£20-£25 per hour) as well as an honest and upfront approach from an experienced dedicated team.
- We all take great pride in providing a quality service to schools and candidates in the East Lancashire
RANDSTAD is an Equal Opportunities Employer we specialise in consistently placing fully qualified Teachers, cover supervisors, teaching assistants and office admin workers into positions within secondary and primary schools as well as Nursery staff across Lancashire
- counselling or support services and have experience working with young people with challenging conditions and needs