SEN Learning Mentor: Tameside Area
Are you looking for a fulfilling role assisting in the education and support of SEN pupils?
I am looking for Learning Mentors/Teaching Assistants for a Secondary School in the Tameside area, who have experience working with children with any of the following,
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Severe Learning Difficulties, (SLD)
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Complex needs
This school has several departments, and is looking for excellent Learning Mentor's to work with the pupils in small groups and on a one to one basis. You must be patient, supportive and able to embrace different learning styles to assist each child in reaching their full potential.
- Assisting the pupils in the classroom, and in extra curricular activities.
- Prioritising the social, emotional and academic wellbeing of the pupils
- Assisting with aspects of personal care
- Experience with SEN Children (preferred)
- DBS (preferably on the update service)
- Experience in a classroom environment (essential)
- Driving License (Preferred)
Alternatively, if you have experience in a mainstrem envionment, but would like to work with SEN children, please get in touch.
If you are interested, please call Hannah on or email me on .