SEN Job Coach
SEN Job Coach in Further Education
Salary: £10-11 per hour (Rate of pay will be dependent on specific role, experience, qualifications and skills)
Work Hours: Full Time
Qualifications: Level 3
Stafflex are working with a further education college based in Kirklees who are recruiting for a Job Coach for pre supported internship. This is for a September 2021 start and for the duartion of the whole academic year.
The overall purpose of this role is to support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to develop job search skills, access work placements, actively promote and contribute to the student's development.
We are looking for individuals who are committed to making a positive difference and seeing learner's lives turned around. With your experience in SEN, positive behaviour handling strategies and mentoring you could help young people by giving them an opportunity to see life differently, change their perspective but most importantly inspire them to succeed.
The main duties of the Job Coach role include:
- Support learners within their work placements by providing on the job coaching and systematic instruction according to individual need.
- Supporting young people with learning difficulties and disabilities to develop job search skills and other work related skills as required
- To continually assess the progress of learners both formally and informally to contribute to their personalised employability plan, recording both development and distance travelled.
- Maintain accurate records of support provided.
- To develop partnerships with local organisations.
- Gather and relay information between staff, partners and providers of work placements
- Attending all relevant team meetings and in-service training programmes as required.
- Working closely with curriculum staff, in particular the Study Programme Leader for Supported Internships, to ensure that each learner is provided with the appropriate levels of support.
- To be successful in this role you must have previous experience working with learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities preferably in a coaching role and hold a level 3 qualification.
Stafflex can offer you:
- Pay to scale in line with recommendations from the School Teachers' Review Body on teachers' pay
- Separate Holiday pay to ensure you have paid annual leave opportunities
- Weekly BACS pay through our in house payroll team
- Advice and support from our team of ex teachers
- Local, convenient assignments
- 24/7 phone service
Give us a call on if you would like to find out more about Stafflex and how we can support you.
Stafflex have been in business for over 20 years and our Huddersfield community is at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be an award-winning family run, independent agency.
Stafflex Education are an equal opportunities employer and an Education Recruitment Business. Candidates will be subject to compliance procedures, including an enhanced DBS and reference check. Stafflex Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and young people.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'