SEN HOME TEACHER
Reed Education Cardiff are looking to recruit an experienced SEN Home Tutor in the Caerphilly area. It would be highly desirable for candidates to have experience working with children who are on the Autistic spectrum. It would be an advantage but not essential, if the candidate had experience of Makaton, PEC’s and working with hi-tech AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication). SEN TA’s may work with individuals with a range of complex social, learning and behavioural needs, as well as working with highly gifted and talented individuals. A desirable characteristic, would be the ability to identify individual requirements and be responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
• SEN experience specialising in Autism
• Ability to home tutor on a 1.1 basis
• Good behaviour management skills
• Be a flexible and confident individual who has a creative approach to teaching
• Ability to communicate clearly & effectively
• Commitment to improving the lives of young people
• Good organisational skills
• Independent working skills
• An engaging character.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• Supporting individuals
• Help to prepare resources and equipment
• Liaising with other educational professionals
• Liaising closely with parents and guardians
• Plan, deliver and assess teaching and learning, using proven methods and approaches that enable SEN young children to learn
• Engage and motivate pupils
• Promote wider aspirations and values, as well as adhering to working protocols Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, fully engaging in safeguarding training.
• Qualified Teacher Status or Equivalent Qualifications;
• Postgraduate Diploma – Education
• BA (hons) Education;
• FE Qualification;
• Subject to excellent references.
If you have a positive attitude, are passionate about working with young people and you have the right qualifications and qualities that we desire - we want to hear from you. Please send me your most up-to-date CV, by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button. If you have any questions, please contact the Reed Education, Cardiff, office and ask for Natasha on 02920 386515.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'