**This position is now filled. If you would like to hear about similar opportunities, please send your us your CV**
R13 recruitment are working in affiliation with an Ofsted Outstanding graded, incredibly successful training provider to recruit for a Special Educational Needs Coordinator to support their centres throughout Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambs. You will be responsible for supporting the development of the SEN provision across the region. You will have experience of working within a SEN department or programme, and hold a relevant IAG L3 qualification or above. This role will involve travel across the region, however you will be based from the centre closest to your home address and all travel costs will be expensed.
Duties to include:
- Working closely with SEN learners to ensure that they achieve and progress in line with KPI’s and individual learning plans.
- Co-ordinating the day to day program for SEN learners within your area.
- Reviewing / tracking learner progress (academic, social, behavioural). Communicating to teaching staff, parents, carers, external agencies to ensure learners reach their full potential.
- Supporting all staff in understanding the needs of SEN learners.
- Reporting back to the Senior Management to discuss the onward development of SEN provision.
- Developing appropriate interventions with SMT in instances of under-performance.
- Collaborating in planning and completion of all annual and individual education plan reviews.
- Assisting in transition of learners from school to post-16 settings, collaborating with wider team.
- Responding to EHCP consultations, providing costings and co-ordinating swift inclusion of any learners when instructed.
- Arranging and attending learner review meetings when requested.
- Documenting comms, interactions, interventions to ensure 100% compliance in all learner files.
You will have/be:
- Experience of working within a SEN department or programme.
- Relevant IAG L3 qualification or above.
- Working with young people with a variety of social, emotional and behavioural needs.
- Knowledge and experience of using basic diagnostic assessments.
- Working knowledge of the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice.
- Strong understanding of safeguarding.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with parents, carers and other stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated approach to work coupled with the ability to positively influence learners.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
**You will be required to undertake an enhanced CRB check for this position**
This is a full time permanent role. Offered salary of up to £26,500 DOE. Benefits include: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, Employee assistance and benefits schemes, 35p mileage rate, supported professional development to gain recognised qualifications, career development prospects.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Jess Harber - Resource Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.
- Special Educational Needs