Qualified Art Teacher with SEND experience
· SEND Setting
· Experience SEMH, Autism and Challenging behaviour
· Working with 6-10 students
· Opportunity to develop professionally in your career
Empowering Learning are looking to appoint experienced and dynamic Qualified Art Teachers who has experience teaching the Art Curriculum to KS3-KS5 students with Autism and SEMH in SEND learning environments and willing to make a significant difference to students learning and development. We are looking for dedicated Teachers who are graded 'Outstanding' or 'Good' and have excellent classroom practice to achieve high levels of attainment. You must have strong knowledge of the curriculum and SEND where you can bring innovative and creative ideas to differentiate approaches to learning.
Our SEN School in South East London cater for students with SEMH, Autism, Challenging behaviour. They are committed to providing an inclusive learning environment by recognising and valuing pupil's individual abilities to allow students to access learning to the best of their ability, using specific interventions such as TEACCH, SPELL and SCERTS. Our schools and staff aim to engage individuals by providing a tailored curriculum to meet their needs accordingly and focus on encouraging the development of their social communication, independence and life skills.
This role is to cover a maternity position. They are looking for passionate and committed practitioners who are willing to make a difference to pupils in SEND learning environments, who can hit the ground running and support students through their exam period.
To be successful for the Teaching role, you must have:
· Relevant Teacher training and hold a QTS
· Secondary experience
· Strong knowledge of the Art Curriculum and able to teach up to GCSE level
· Experience working with a range of SEND, desirable but not essential
· Excellent classroom practice
· Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour
· Passion, dedication and willingness to work in a SEN Learning environment
· Play a significant role in the students learning journey
· An enhanced DBS, preferably on the update service
When working with Empowering Learning Ltd you will benefit from:
· Dedicated consultant with a wealth of experience committed to finding you the right role and setting for you, who will support you during your assignment.
· Competitive rates of pay, depending on experience.
If you are looking for a rewarding role in SEN Teaching and want to make difference, we want to hear from you! Please submit your CV today or you can contact Sarah Kidman on or via email
- Art Teacher
- "SEN Teacher
- Challenging behaviour"