Sunseeker Technology Centre manufactures some of the finest yacht furniture in the world. We are now looking for semi-skilled bench joiners to work assembling this furniture to very high standards. Working with ply wood, high value lacquered veneers and solid wood products, Bench Joiners will typically be issued with a materials kit and drawings.
Therefore tasks include:
- Assembling furniture from CNC kits as per a drawing
- Reading scaled drawings and sourcing relevant parts
- Using a variety of power tools such as; Jigsaws, Routers, Chop saws, DA Sanders and other large saws
- Applying and working with fixing methods both mechanical and adhesive
- Using biscuit joinery techniques and tools
- Housekeeping and workplace organisation
To be considered for this role you should have:
- Experience assembling high quality furniture from ply
- The ability to read scaled drawings
- Ability to read carpentry/construction drawings/information
- Good skills with a range of carpentry/joinery hand tools
In return Sunseeker International provides a permanent contract and a rewarding career with an iconic brand, plus, a forty hour working week, overtime when available, 4% non contributory pension contributions, 22 days holiday, sick pay, life cover, canteen facilities, a safe working environment (18001 accredited), central working location for public transport, free parking, sports and social club, work wear and, after 4 years an extra 3 days holiday, private medical insurance and Denplan.
- Furniture Assembly